Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Starting Off: The Mother's Viewpoint

Starting point of the trip. Santa Rosa, California 


They are off!  I think the weight of the backpacks was a big surprise to both Mason and Kenton.  However, they shouldered their packs and took off down the road.  I had mixed emotions watching them ride off.  I felt joy that they are men of action and found a way to help educate the children in Romania.  They did not just talk about this adventure, they are actually taking a month out of their lives to try to make a difference and help others clear across the world. 

I felt excitement for their adventure and the experiences they will have and the people the will meet along the way.  I know they will have great stories from each day of those that they meet and the ways people will help in this cause. 

I love the idea of so many of us joining together to help children we have never met and will never meet.  The impact of a tutor for these children may be life changing for them and provide educational opportunities they would never have otherwise.  So I am looking forward to hearing the stories of the many of you who will choose to be a part of this project in some way.


Then my mother’s heart felt worry and yes, those are little tears escaping down my cheeks.  All I could do is pray and know that these two young men are now in God’s hands and trust them to you.  I also felt I need to trust in humankind and in goodness that many will reach out and help in some small way.  Truly by small and simple means are great things brought to pass.  So I entrust my son and my nephew to God and to the people who will cross the paths of these young men along the way.  That hearts will be touched and help will be offered, drivers will be safe, cheers will be heard as they pass by, water bottles given, a apple or orange shared, and most of all that donations will be made to bless the lives of the orphan children in Romania.




Through small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

2 comments:

Wylie said...

I'm so impressed with your tenacity and the impact your plan for a tutor will have! Good luck and we will pray for your safety and success.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are embarked on a hard but powerful endeavor. Our prayers are with you. The firstfew days will be the toughest. After that you'll know better what you really need and your body will adjust. Remember Mosiah 4:27--doing all in wisdom and order,not running faster than you have strength (even if you don't make the goal for the day) but being diligent that thereby you might win the prize(come off conquerers!) We love you and are keeping close tabs. Hope you can feel strength from our love, prayers, and faith in you and your quest. It is a noble one. But enjoy the journey and all the interesting people you meet. Love, Aunt Nancy and clan from Snowflake