Thursday, February 28, 2013

GoPro

One question I have had with my trip, is what to do about a camera? Kenton and I are planning on riding along some really beautiful landscapes. I wanted something that could take nice pictures and video to document the trip. I have a little digital camera, but its not the best. Is it sufficient? Should I get a nice but large, expensive, and heavy camera to bring?

This Christmas my angel mother came up with a great solution when she gave me a GoPro. Its an amazing little camera. It takes great video and photos, its waterproof, small and light, attaches to everything, and very durable. I've had a lot of fun trying it out and seeing what it can do. I took it with me snowboarding with Jamie, sledding with the family, swimming, everything. I haven't been able to take it longboarding yet because every time I decide I should go, it snows again.
You can see the camera attached to
my helmet right there.

This is going to be really useful for the trip. When I'm on the road, every day, even when it rains. It is going to be great to track the events of the trip.

I'm really grateful for the gift and so I took some of the footage I've recorded and made a little video to say thanks to my mom. In doing so I have gained a new respect for people who edit and make movies. It is really hard! I didn't have any program to edit so I just used YouTube's online video editing. It took me a couple of tries (I made Jamie watch one and she said the free music I chose from YouTube sounded like an 80's movie, so I changed it) and for my first attempt I'm happy and satisfied, but still slightly self-conscious about my editing skills.

If anyone knows a good video editing program, or knows anyone who does this kind of thing let me know. I'm looking to make more videos pretty soon and I would like help to make them better. The camera takes great footage, I just don't know exactly what to do with it.



So that was my video. Here is a link to a really good one, just to show you the potential of these little cameras. Check it out here. These really are capable of some really amazing things.

Thanks parents for the awesome gift. I've got the best parents in the world. The fact that they support me in this trip is proof of that, empowering and supporting me in pursuing a dream. You guys are the best!



No comments: