Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Commenting Open and Captchas Now Killed

This blog has been going for a while now, and I noticed one day how few comments there are. At first I thought maybe the blog was boring, but the stats are really good. Quite a few people read the blog. In the past week we've had about 250 people visit the site. Last month on one stellar day alone over 300 people visited the blog.

Examples of captcha 
I wondered then, why don't people say anything back? When I asked I got some complaints about how difficult it is to post a comment. A lot of people told me that they try but then they are asked to fill out a "captcha" or a difficult to read word, in order to prove they are real and not spamming the website. Most people try four or five times and then give up.

I am happy to inform all of you that I have figured out how to remove that and it is now easy as pie to comment. So please, feel free. With this amendment to the site it also makes it easier for us to be spammed by people. I apologize now if it happens and I'll try to stay on top of it and clean it up when it happens.

Feel free to comment now. We love to hear what you are thinking and we'll do our best to reply. If you want to contact us beyond just a comment, take a look at our Contact Us page.

We've also heard that it is difficult to become a follower on the blog. We're trying to figure that one out now. We hope to have it remedied soon.

No comments: